Fyans Park Primary School was opened on 2nd February 1965. Overlooking the Barwon River Valley on Newtown Hill in central Geelong, the school is set in attractive native gardens and has extensive grounds which offer a range of sporting, active and passive playing areas. Fyans Park is an open and welcoming place with a friendly and purposeful atmosphere.
School House Teams
The school is organised into four Houses using the four streets surrounding the school which were named to acknowledge the history of the area. House activities include House points which are collected each week for the House Cup, House athletic sports which are conducted in Education Week each year and other lunchtime competitions set up by our House leaders.
Mr Cook and Mr Francis had a wool scouring factory near the Balyang Bird Sanctuary and owned all the land nearby, including the land on which the school now sits.
Camden Town, London is the place where former Newtown Councillor (1858), Mr Sanders Trotman lived before coming to Australia.
Ormskirk is a place in Lancashire, England. Mr Harriott, a former Newtown Councillor, came from a Western District property called Ormskirk and his parents came from Ormskirk in England before coming to Australia in the mid 19th century.
Mr Windmill dug rocks from the old quarry next to the School. He donated the land to the Newtown Council for a play park and it is now called Windmill Reserve.
Belonging to and working together in teams (Houses) helps to build cohesion, school and team spirit, self-esteem and encourage responsibility.
The Jarman Shield is presented each year to the House with the greatest aggregate score.
Child Safe Standards
Strategic Plan & AIP
TEACHING & LEARNING